So I must say this recipe of today is one of my favorites, it can be prepared for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
Finger millet is one among the many millet plants we have.
It is widely known Tamba in Nigeria and also known as Ragi in India.
Tamba is suitable for all ages and also highly recommended for diabetic patients because regular intake helps reduces their sugar level.
Some people tend to add groundnuts to it when preparing.
And it’s also advisable to allow it cool down after grinding before you sieve.
Allowing it cool down, makes it last longer and also preserves its taste.
In this post, I will be telling you how to prepare it from scratch i.e. from how to prepare the flour to how to prepare the finger millet porridge itself.
Below is a complete video you can watch or you can just continue with the post.
So, let’s begin.
Finger Millet Flour Preparation
• 16 cups of Tamba (Finger Millet)
• 1 handful of dried ginger
• 1 tablespoon of cloves
• 8 pieces of dried chili pepper
The first thing you need to do after buying the grains from the market:
1. Pick out any form of dirt from it.
2. Wash very well and be careful when packing to avoid packing the small stones that may settle below.
3. Spread it in a tray or mat or the floor and allow to dry up.
4. When dry, pack into a bowl or rubber.
5. Crush the ginger and add to it.
6. Now add the cloves and pepper then grind into flour form.
7. After grinding, spread and allow to cool down then sieve and turn in a container with a cover.
We have been through how to prepare the flour. Now I will be telling you how to prepare the meal or pap.
• Tamba flour ( desired quantity)
• Sugar (desired quantity)
• Milk (desired quantity)
KUNUN TAMBA PREPARAT
Add water to a pot and set on heat to boil.
Fetch the tamba flour and put in a cup or bowl.
Add a little water to the flour to form a paste.
Note: the paste should not be too watery or too thick.
Now fetch the boiling water and add to the paste.
Mix while you add the boiling water till it is cooked and has your desired thickness.
Also mix well to avoid having the raw paste underneath.
After mixing, add your desired amount of sugar and milk, then mix.
Now it’s ready to be served.
Do enjoy and don’t forget to share this recipe with family and friends